The Cheese Hub
The Cheese Hub was established in 2012 to provide an artisan contract cheese ripening and maturing service to the expanding farmhouse cheese market in Ireland.
• The Cheese Hub uses traditional techniques to mature cheese for the premium hand made cheese market.
• The maturing technique includes “cave aged”, dry rind”, “oiled Skin” and waxing alternatives for the increasing cheese market.
• All maturing units are temperature and moisture controlled.
• The Cheese Hub offers complete cutting and packaging options.
Run by Sean McGloin and Paul McDermott, The Cheese Hub will provides cheese storage and maturing facilities.
According to Sean McGloin of the Cheese Hub, who is better known for his work in organic farmer training, “The Cheese Hub came about by accident really. The farmers were trying to link up with a cheese maker to make their cheese. They found him but not somewhere to hand mature the cheese – the scale was simply too big.”
The Cheese Hub has been contracted by Irish Organic Milk Producers Ltd, the national product development and marketing body for 14 organic milk farmers who supply 75% of the organic milk in Ireland to provide sole subcontract ripening & maturing and cutting & packaging to their cheese division.
- Raw cows milk Organic Cheddar
- Mossfield Farmhouse Organic